Saturday, August 27, 2011

It Works! Remote Controlled Irrigation via Arduino

Success! I can now remotely turn on my sprinkler zones via my Arduino-powered web server.

The picture does not do justice to the amazing amount of wiring nuts I used to make this work. I think there are nearly a dozen of them holding all the wires together.

I did not manage to hook the Toro controller's 24-volt power supply into my rig. Sharp-eyed readers might be able to spot the two 9V batteries I clipped into my valve control circuits as a temporary power supply.

Anyway, it works! Awesome! Now to write the native Android controller app...

Edit: I have since torn down this setup so that I can mount my Arduino hardware on something a little more substantial (and less flammable) than cardboard. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment